Need help finding a good fertilizer

Megabeth

Hi I have 2 tanks both with live plants and I'm trying to find a good fertilizer for both tanks. Most of my plants seem to be doing good (except my bacopa) but i want to keep them that way and give them a little extra help. No C02 and i have a full spectrum plant light although I'm not sure how good it is but right now all i have is Seachem flourish and it doesn't seem to be doing much. Ive heard that thrive and easy green are good but my tank is pretty heavily stocked and i dont want to have to deal with lots of nitrates which i heard can happen. Any suggestions?

LeviS

I personally prefer thrive over easy green. Im currently using easy green but have had a hard time seeing the results as compared to thrive. Today I ordered the Ei dosing dry ferts from GLA as I want more control of what I dose. They have a combo of bags its the 3 macros and 1 bag of micros for $15 but shipping was basically $13. I run co2 and high light and Ei dosing may be excessive for new people to the hobby or someone that wants easy like the all in 1s. So personally I'd go for thrive if picking an all in one.

Upvote 0

mimo91088

I dose thrive S. It's supposed to have less nitrates and I haven't had a problem with them getting too high.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

I use Thrive C for low light plants. No Co2.

Upvote 0

jake37

I use guppies. I kid you not plants love guppies. Ok about once every 2 or 3 weeks if i remember i do a 1/2 dose (3 pumps) of thrive C; but mostly i just depend on the guppies...

Upvote 0

Eplfan2011

Another vote for thrive c, lowlight plants with no CO2

Upvote 0

Megabeth

Thanks for all the help i think that i will probably get some thrive c.

Upvote 0

Megabeth

Also why do plants like guppies?

Upvote 0

jake37

Not sure i guess they keep them clean of algae and poop a lot ?

Also why do plants like guppies?

Upvote 0

TClare

I have had good results with azoo plant premium, much better than flourish, its probably similar to thrive, not seen that one here. It recommends using it on water change, days to not overload on nitrates, I only change water once a week, only about 20%, I also add a half dose mid week and have never had high nitrates.

Upvote 0

Megabeth

cool thanks for your input

Upvote 0

Dennis57

Nilocg Thrive C or Dustinsfishtank plant booster works well.

Upvote 0

jake37

dustinfishtank plant booster always make me nervous because I don't know waht is in it and if it has been tested on fishes.

Nilocg Thrive C or Dustinsfishtank plant booster works well.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

I'm having good luck with Easy Green twice a week and Seachem Excel on the other days, but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Upvote 0

Dennis57

dustinfishtank plant booster always make me nervous because I don't know waht is in it and if it has been tested on fishes.
Ingredients are on the bottle.

Upvote 0

dmk164

ijust bought thrive c and it seems like the dosing is low cant i buy a different thrive and use less?
low tech tank i gues lots of plants bright light but no co2

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
ruud
  • Question
Replies