need help feeding my mystery snail

Discussion in 'Snails' started by kaitlin4599, Aug 3, 2015.

1. kaitlin4599Valued MemberMember

ok so i have a single lone golden mystery snail in my tank no other fish because the tank is still cycling water parameters are ok so far and im going away for a week and being as how i just started this tank 2 weeks ago i haveno idea what to feed my snail for the week since i wont be home to feed him at all and how much to feed him tank has zero algae all i have at home is tetra flakes for tropical fish what are my feeding options as far as the week goes no one else can stop by to feed him so i need a week long feeding option

2. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

Put in a slice of fresh zucchini or a slice of other type of squash ( I like yellow squash/Zucchini because they tend to hold up for a few days in the water without falling apart )
    You can just wash/rinse it well and put it on a bbq skewer in the tank. I always feed my snails fresh veggies to supplement their diet for calcium ( which all snails should have anyway )

When you return, I would keep supplementing the snails diet with other types of veggies such as carrots, broccoli, string beans, etc

3. OP
    OP
    k

kaitlin4599Valued MemberMember

sadly i dont have any veggies in the house nor am i able to aquire any from the store what other options do i have would a tropical weekly fish peelet work u know the clam shapped things u drop in the tank and as they disolve they feed the fish for up to a week

4. NinjaTetra

NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

It should be fine. No visible algae doesn't mean no algae. Maybe drop in some fish flakes if u can't get a bit of veggie and you are worried. A single snail won't change the water parameters to the point of killing itself. Good luck!

~ <-----thats one of those cool squiggly lines you do before a signature.

5. OP
    OP
    k

kaitlin4599Valued MemberMember

i dropped in a few fish flakes an hour ago he should be fine for a week

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice