need help fast

curlysue

Reaction score
omg,i worked all day today and came home to a skinny fish,my molly had here babies,i have seen four so far,and i have removed her from the tank,im wondering what else i have to do for these babies,new to all this ,,thank you in advance ;D

MaryPa

Reaction score
What size tank are the fry in? Where did you put the female? If you have enough plants or moss to hide in the fry can stay in with the mother. You can raise the fry on egg yolk for the first week, then crushed flakes. Boil the egg,put the yolk in a small container with a lid. You add enough tank water to the yolk to make a thin paste.starin the paste thru a mesh net or piece of pantyhose and drop a tiny bit in with the fry. Vacuum out any that isn`t eaten.

curlysue

Reaction score
i have the babies in a 10 gallon tank,and i have removed the mother to my 30 gallon tank,thank for the fast reply ;D

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
yes and no. A filter will suck the fry up and kill them but you need filtration. Some people use old panty hose over the intace... no idea if this works. You can also get a sponge filter they are good in fry tanks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom