Need help FAST!!!!!!molly fry emergency!!!!!!

Mollygurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi guys. i need help,like, now!my black molly, midnight, had 13 fry while i was at school.7 were stillborn/miscarried.they were not formed properly. the 6 i managed to save are under survailence.2 more died and one is loose in my big tank. the other 3 are in a small carrier.i think they're gonna die. they all look like their bellies popped out of their bodies.they are pinkish red/orange and i can see veins.can someone please help me soon?!!!midnight already aborted 1 batch of fry,and gave birth to 2.i have no male in my tank.PLEZE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Are they in a breeding net/box? get a ziploc bag put in a little bit of flake food and crush it up really finely. Feed a small amount, very small six times a day if possible, if not feed as many as possible but don't feed more at one time to make up ever, they have a very small belly. Make sure all tank levels stay good and just keep as good care of them as possible and hopefully all goes well. good luck don't panic she should have some more fry in a month so mark today now and in a little less than a month start looking for fry, livebearers can store sperm from the male that might have mated with her before you bought her for 4 or more months.

Mollygurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
hey
i put the living fry,xcept 4 escape artist(artist) in a fish carrier i will probaly put the fry back in the breeding net.sorry i havnt been on 4 a while. i got grounded from the computer! ;D thanks 4 the help

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No problem, any questions just ask them, I like breeding boxes because I find them easier to use, little smaller then the nets though but that's just my opinion. Hope all goes well

Mollygurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
just wanted 2 let U know, all 13 died. i caught one of my blk. fry sucking one of em. swallowed it with one gulp!

Mollygurl

Valued Member
Reaction score
BTW, i think i figured out what the dead babies had on their bellies! i think it was the yolk sak!!!! i was reading on the livebearers pg. and i saw some references to about what i had!

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your fry. I also had a black female molly that was preg. and when I put her in a breeder box she stressed soo badly that she aborted. Only two fry were fully formed and living the rest were still in embryo form. I let her out of the box but kept the two live fry inside it. Happy to say, I still have the two babies which are bout half grown now. I recently went out and bought 6 female mollys to keep them and the one male platy I have company. Two of the females were preg. when I bought them so I'm expecting fry any day. I've added breeding grass and various other hiding places for the fry when they are born.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Maybe something that would help her is a bunch of plants close together.. give her somewhere quiet to go & drop her fry where she can feel relaxed. It helps with our platy and i hope would help a molly.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom