Need help fast have to euthanize one of my fish

Fishjunkiejimmy

I need to euthanize one of my fish and the method I have used in the last is clove oil as it just puts them to sleep but I don’t have access to that and I’m trien to find out where I can buy some right now and what I have found is clove leaf oil is that they same I don’t want to use something that’s gonna me him suffer more

Rose of Sharon

Hi,

Don't know where you are, but I have bought clove oil at pharmacies and even Wal-Mart in the essential oils section.

Sorry you are having to do this!!! :(

Fishjunkiejimmy

well I will check there I honestly didn’t want run around looking for some while he was suffering and the place I could think of didn’t have any anyway I ended up phoning where I buy my fish from to see if they knew if I could use clove leaf oil and he said I either gotta do blunt force trauma whith good hard hit to the head but I honestly couldn’t do that so he said next most humane thing is put in a bag with aquarium water and freeze him so that’s what I opted for as he said he will just get a bit cold and go to sleep I really hate when this happens I just had him in a hospital tank got him all healed up and removed the fish that was bothering him and watched and the other Gish weren’t to aggressive and when I came back in the morning he was way past the point of saving

Rose of Sharon

So sorry about your poor fish!

Sometimes things happen very quickly, and they go downhill faster than you expected.

Unfortunately, after having to euthanize a betta before, I keep clove oil on hand....wish I didn't have to, though. I really hate the smell of it.

You did your best!

Fishjunkiejimmy

Yes I did used to have it in hand my gf had it around but not much and I used it all up she ordered it online so wasn’t much help I’m finding out where to get it but I’ve ordered another bottle because unfortunately it needs to b around in fish keeping

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
qldmick
Replies
Views
Sputnik
Replies
Views