need help deciding!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTropics

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok i am torn between two things. I am on the boarder between a 14 gallon nano tank with maybe a clown and soft corals that i can bring to college next year or a larger snowflake eel tank that'd i would need to eventually have to leave behind. I am so torn because i want to enjoy this hobby while at college but a snowflake eel tank is my ultimate dream tank. What would you guys do? 15 gallons is maximum college tank size. Could i keep swapping about for new baby eels every other month or is that size tank still too small for newborn eels. Any comments on what you would do are welcome and encouraged.
Jayson

Oso

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a 40 gallon and a 20 gallon. You might just have to pay a pet deposit for them. And will probably have to live on the bottom floor.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Could i keep swapping about for new baby eels every other month or is that size tank still too small for newborn eels.
Hi Jayson,
IMO, a 14G isn't large enough, and also, it's not fair on the eels

A SW tank is a fair commitment, and if you were to leave it, who ever gets the task of looking after it needs to be into the hobby as well.

If you must have SW, I'd go the 14G reef option. But in saying that, a 14G is right on the edge of acceptable for a clown. A 20 would be much better (for one clown)

OP
MrTropics

MrTropics

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok i kinda figured that but was still a little curious. What kind of corals would you recommend for a smaller tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom