Need help deciding what size for my betta tank

I will be making a unfiltered tank for my betta eclips and need some help deciding what size...

• 27 gallon

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 8 gallon

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 5 gallon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
betta06
I need some help deciding what size tank to make..... it is unfiltered
so I can make a 5 gallon $2 per piece of glass i have lots of extra plants and gravel so glass will be the only cost. stocking will be one betta and nerate snail.

8 gallon $3 per piece of glass i will get some white sand for this and might have to buy a few more plants. stocking is betta and a few cherry shrimp

27 gallon $5 per piece of glass i will have to get some more plants and sand. stocking is 1 betta a nerate snail 6 dwarf corys and mabye 5 neon tetras if that wont overstock it

thanks for your help! also here is eclipse the betta who will be living here
IMG_4494.jpg

StarGirl
What thickness is the glass? Is it actual aquarium glass?

betta06
StarGirl said:
What thickness is the glass? Is it actual aquarium glass?
I will send the link...
  • 3/32 in. Thickness
  • how do I tell if it it will work for a aquarium? I will look at some different types of glass in case this wont work thank you for telling me about this!

AggressiveAquatics
You can get a 5 gal at petco for like 15 dollars. Only a little bit more

StarGirl
A 30g for 30 at the dollar per gallon sales.

betta06
StarGirl said:
A 30g for 30 at the dollar per gallon sales.
wow that is a amazing price!
I don't live near petco... so it is $26 for a 5 gallon $31 for a 10 gallon and $80 for a 20 gallon.

StarGirl
Ah Canada ya'll are really hampered in your fish keeping aren't you? No meds no tanks. I feel for you guys.

betta06
StarGirl said:
Ah Canada ya'll are really hampered in your fish keeping aren't you? No meds no tanks. I feel for you guys.
yup that is why i am so slow at upgrading all my bettas.....
betta06 said:
I will send the link...
  • 3/32 in. Thickness
  • how do I tell if it it will work for a aquarium? I will look at some different types of glass in case this wont work thank you for telling me about this!
I did look into it a bit more and the glass does look safe to make a tank out of plus i will pick it up in person so i will be able to look it over more then.

if I go with the 27 gallon would I overstock it by putting in 5-6 neons?
the stocking would be one betta 6 dwarf corys and a nerate snail. I know this would normally be fine but it is unfiltered.... and will of corse have a TON of plants.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom