5 Gallon Tank Need help deciding on stocking!

jkkgron2

Well Known
Unfortunately all the guppies I had ordered online passed from a bacterial infection that wasn’t responding to treatment. So, now I’m looking for a new fish to breed in my divided 10g. The breeding side would be about 6-7 gallons and with live plants. I would prefer a fish that cares for the fry (like a krib or ram) and I do have a 20g I can use to separate But I understand it’s a huge risk in this size tank. I can’t have extremely small nano fish because of the wholes in the divider but I’m open to suggestions :). I probably can’t keep the rams or kribs but they both are readily available for me so I figured I would suggest it. Oh, and preferably no Livebearers. Thanks!

Option 1: A pair of peacock gudgeons, if anyone could give me advice on where to find a male/female pair I would appreciate it :)

Option 2: a krib pair (I would be ordering a pair from trins tropical fish) I do a have a 20g that already has a female, who, I’m fairly certain has already bonded with a male who ended up passing that I could move the male to if he becomes an issue.

Option 3: A Bolivian ram pair, I don’t expect the fry to survive but I just want to see the breeding behavior. Again, I could separate them if I needed to.

Option 4: A group of CPD’s

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Heyo,

Personally I can't really attest to having a breeding pair of very defensive fish in a small space with another fish, even shared space even with dividers..

Rams and kribs I would avoid for a smaller tank like yours long term.

What is on the other side? A betta?

OP
jkkgron2

jkkgron2

Well Known
FinalFins said:
Heyo,

Personally I can't really attest to having a breeding pair of very defensive fish in a small space with another fish, even shared space even with dividers..

Yup, and I understand about the rams and kribs, I just figured I would see what everyone’s opinions were :).

OP
jkkgron2

jkkgron2

Well Known
FinalFins said:
Heyo,

What do you think I should put in it?

EDIT: I may have found a good place to buy the gudgeons, what should I feed them?

New Threads