Need Help Convincing Dad?

1. kelsangdol Member Member

Hello,
    I want to buy a 55 gallon fish tank + stand + filter from craigslist. Don't worry! They seem really reliable.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/for/1504728184.html

Does this the tank and stand seem good? :;dk
    My dad doesn't like the stand COLOR but I don't really care.
    How can I convince my dad to accept the stand as it is and let me buy the deal?
    I haggled and agreed to buy the tank+stand+filter for $120.
    (is it a good deal..?)

This is the best deal because they actually reply and it is at a sorta good price for me.

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

not a bad deal...and you can sand and repaint the stand!

3. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Yes you can! And if you're in a hurry like I was, you don't even have to sand, just get the textured spray paint from Krylon and 2 coats should do it. I actually have that same stand, just the 75 gallon model rather than the 55.

4. Omgami Member Member

Dear Dad, Please check this website, fishlore.com. It looks like a good deal and the stand can be painted. Why, I'm on my way to the store to get the spray paint right now!
    Daddy, I looove this set up, pleeease. Please note: none of this would have worked for me but just maybe your dad is a little more into pleasing his kid than mine was. Good luck.

5. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

lol... where I live, you have to be at least 18 to buy spray paint. You get carded before they sell it to you, even at walmart.

6. kelsangdol Member Member

Can't work out............ :;swdad
    >_<
    wahhhhhhhh

7. Omgami Member Member

Oh, this shows two things, 1. I don't buy spray paint very often and 2.I would never get carded at my age so if I did buy spray paint I'm sure they would just say sell the Ol lady the paint!

Sorry about the "no" on the tank

8. kelsangdol Member Member

9. Borisbbadd Guest

I grew up in a different world, I guess.
    Some of the things that are done now days, just amaze
    me to no end....:;dk

Congratulations on the new deal !!!

10. Robin4 Member Member

Yep, the tank you bought does look nicer than the first one... How about some pictures once you get it set up to your liking!! :)

Robin

11. kelsangdol Member Member

I will do that when I get the goldfish w/ tetra safestart =D
    I'm so excited! :;banaman
    The seller even said that he'll throw in some extra freebies too! :;rfro
    I think he said decor..
    I'm going to buy the equipment tomorrow and then fish on Friday...

12. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like a pretty good deal depending on what equipment comes with the tank. It's really hard to tell from the pics. One thing I notice immediately is that the stand pictured is made of particle board (the stand from the other sale is real wood). The canister filter appears to be either an Eheim or Eheim knockoff. I hope it's the real deal... I've heard many horror stories about the knockoff filters.

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Kel. Congrats on the new tank. I'll be looking forward to updates and hopefully some photos from you too.
    Ken

14. Omgami Member Member

Great! Congrats on the tank. Its so fun to get a new tank and explore all the possibilites.

15. Sonfish Member Member

Congrats , dont forget the big hug and a Thanks Dad, sure makes it nice to hear them words from your kids, post some pics when ya get it running