Need help choosing heater/heaters for my 72 gal

PNWBettas

Setting up my 72 gal and still need heaters. Wanting to stay in the $50-60 price range or less. I was thinking of doing 2x 200W for reliability but was also looking at inline heaters to look nicer in the tank. I have only ever used submersible so I know very little about them. I'm going to be running a fluval canister filter on the tank. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations? I want something adjustable temp wise either way.

kattiq

I've never used inline heaters either, but as far as submersible goes I do like the Fluval E heaters because they are mostly black and reads temp on the outside of it, one heats up my 45 easily if I have it directly under the filter flow. Or the Eheim heaters are pretty easy to hide as well if you have a lot of hardscape/plants.

Upvote 0

PNWBettas

I've never used inline heaters either, but as far as submersible goes I do like the Fluval E heaters because they are mostly black and reads temp on the outside of it, one heats up my 45 easily if I have it directly under the filter flow. Or the Eheim heaters are pretty easy to hide as well if you have a lot of hardscape/plants.
I’ll take a look a them, thanks.

Upvote 0

Frank the Fish guy

Eheim filters are the most reliable in my experience. Some filters can fail on. Eheim, when they fail, fail safe.

Upvote 0

Gudgie

I have a Fluval E heater on my 75 gal and love it. It easily keeps the tank up to temp. This is the first year using it though, so I can’t vouch for its longevity yet.

Upvote 0

theTBoss

I have used the Eheim in tank heaters for quite a few years and they are very reliable and safe. My one gripe is calibrating them before you place them in your tank. The offset dial can be a but difficult to adjust to get it just right.

Upvote 0

PNWBettas

I ended up choosing an Eheime heater. I hope it works out ok. I have some heater controllers from finnex laying around that I may use with it so I can control the temp better.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Sanderguy777
Replies
Views
Pwilly07
  • Question
Replies
Views