Need help choosing fish

1. ShaunBrowne

ShaunBrowne Valued Member Member

Hello everyone
    I was told to add a list of fish at my LFS which I possibly could get for my tank..
    I have a 7 gallon tank in my lounge but looking for easy fish cause I'm still a beginner..

Guppies
    Mollies
    Widows
    Neons
    Glowlights
    Rosy barbs
    Zebra danios

I don't really trust the guy at the LFS but these are some of the fish he suggests

2. delta5

delta5 Well Known Member Member

3. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Haha, yeah don't trust him... Mollies definitely a no, they need 30g, neons a no, glo-lights no, rosy barbs a no, zebras a no, widow a no, I'd say two guppies would be the only thing that would work out of that list. You could get shrimp or a snail or two as well. Welcome to the forum.:) You'd could also do some nano species or like stated above a betta.

4. OP
    OP
    ShaunBrowne

Delta5 they don't have any bettas there unfortunately.. Would be really nice tho

Platylover thanks for the welcome lol so most of the list can be scratched off.. Which nanos? I do have 2 small snails in already

5. WeepingShadesOfIndigo

WeepingShadesOfIndigo Valued Member Member

For a nice change from regular tanks a lovely planted shrimp tank would be so fun!

6. Platylover

TexasDomer will be more helpful on that, but you can have a scarlet badis or two(would have to be female and male), endlers, platies(1-2), killifish, you might(wait for this to be confirmed) a pea puffer, and I was thinking of platies, you could probably have 3 guppies in a 7g. This is good article to use as reference, but some of the information is wrong here, like I wouldn't put a danio in a 10g or a puffer in a 3g. But it is a good article to help out on ideas.:)

7. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Some killifish would definitely work!

What are the dimensions of the tank?

8. Platylover

9. OP
    OP
    ShaunBrowne

10. delta5

delta5 Well Known Member Member

I'd still look at getting a single fish since OP is looking for easy. Pref a bio-load that only requires once a week water changes?

11. TexasDomer

I think a school of nano fish is just as easy as a betta! Care is the same (weekly water changes, etc.).

12. OP
    OP
    ShaunBrowne

So thank you to everyone for the advice, ended up with 3 neons seen as there was nothing else left for small tanks..

Looking at a bigger tank but a little pricey

13. TexasDomer

Neons aren't appropriate for a 7 gal tank, and they need to be in groups of 6+.

14. OP
    OP
    ShaunBrowne

Should I swap for guppies?

15. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

What's the length of the tank?

16. OP
    OP
    ShaunBrowne

18 inch

17. TexasDomer

What else do you have in there with the neons?

18. OP
    OP
    ShaunBrowne

2 snails

19. TexasDomer

20. OP
    OP
    ShaunBrowne

Yes got from the LFS guy but I think I should take out, I'm very bad at saying OK to people selling me stuff