need help, cant decide what to put 55 Gallon Tank 

fishman11

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hello i'm a fish owner who is planning on restocking my cichlid tank, but i'm not sure what to put in it. I am looking for a comminity tank with small fish , but still i am unsure,
I am taking any plan for a tank and thanks in advance.

ps. my tank is already cycled.

fishman11

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
im thinking about tetras, do you know what kinds i should put, remember i want a community tank

fishman11

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
.....i might get a oscar but not sure if that would work in a 55 gallon tank with 2 50 gallon filters...........mabye 2, if so what kind of oscar?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi fishman!
Your thread has been moved to the Aquarium Stocking Questions of the forum.

You went from a comminuty tank to an Oscar in 20 minutes?

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oscar will cost more IMO.

I would get a couple schools of tetra, maybe a school of barbs, a couple centerpiece fish, maybe some livebearers (I love their colors), then maybe some corys and a pleco.

Oscars are just so messy so I don't see that being easier than a community. Plus the ones where I work when you're cleaning like to bite...So I'm never a fan of them.

FiremouthGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oscars will eat more than most fifty five gallon communities. The oscar (at least in my area) would be cheaper for the stocking- 20$ as opposed however much you would spend on schools of 1+ dollar fish for that sized tank.
However I think the oscar would cost more in filters- you need several filters of one strong filter to keep up with oscar's waste.
Which do you would prefer? If you want the community more we could give some stock suggestions. Obviously there isn't much suggesting to be done if there isonly one fish going in the tank

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom