Need help asap please!!!!

1. Mallorysmith44

Mallorysmith44 Valued Member Member

I just recently bought a dragon goby and the petstore had told me all this information on it, so with being told everything that I was told I bought him. But when I came I got a little curious and I did some research and he needs brackish water. But it doesn't need to be a lot just a little for him to thrive and I have other fish in my tank will the brackish water hurt them. Cause if not I will make my big tank for him with them in it. My tank stock is.

2 Dalmatian mollies
    1 balloon Mollie
    2 giant danios
    1 glofish danio (I have to get him more as they schooling fish I know)
    2 glofish tetras
    1 betta
    1 clown loach
    1 Pleco
    1 Cory catfish
    1 eel not sure what type of eel he was just giving to me the person didn't want him anymore cause the tank was to small
    And my dragon goby
    And I have all live plants. Idk if that matters

2. FallenOwl

FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

Just curious, how big is you tank?

3. OP
    OP
    Mallorysmith44

It's a 55 gallon

4. Koniucha

Koniucha Valued Member Member

The tetras are also schooling fish

5. FallenOwl

FallenOwl Well Known Member Member

I don't know much about the rest of the fish, but I do think that a betta would not do well in brackish water.

6. OP
    OP
    Mallorysmith44

Ok I did not know about the tetras to I can get a few more of them as well. And I have a smaller tank I can transfer my betta too.

7. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Hi, the mollies will be fine in a brackish tank but the rest of your fish won't like it.
    I'd suggest you move the goby & mollies to the brackish tank, move the Betta to your small tank & then the rest of your fish you can keep together & up the numbers of the shoaling fish :)

8. W

Wildside Valued Member Member

I hate to break this to you but a 55 gallon is way too small for the pleco (unless its a bristlenose), clown loach and maybe also the eel depending on its species. Plecos can get to well over a foot long and produce a lot of waste. Clown loaches also get to about 15-20cm and need to be in groups.

Clown loaches, cories and tetras are all schooling fish and need to be in groups of about 6 to keep them happy and stress free.

Also, I think eels are liable to eat smaller fish like your tetras. You might need to reconsider your set-up. Many of these fish won't tolerate brackish water. The mollies will however within reason. I hope this helps.

9. OP
    OP
    Mallorysmith44

Ok thank you it sounds like I will be fixing my other back for these guys then. And my Pleco I've had him for years and I did have more then one Cory cat but the Pleco got territorial and killed them. But I will get him some more friends for his new home.