Need help again

coreemoore

Reaction score
My filter which was a top fin silentstream 20 gallon broke all together . I went out first thing and bought a Tetra Whisper IQ . They didn’t have another top fin in stock and I was desperate . I don’t want my cycle to crash .... I put the cartridge from the top fin into the tetra along with the new cartridge that goes with the new filter . Will this be ok ? It took me so long to get the tank to cycle !

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
coreemoore said:
My filter which was a top fin silentstream 20 gallon broke all together . I went out first thing and bought a Tetra Whisper IQ . They didn’t have another top fin in stock and I was desperate . I don’t want my cycle to crash .... I put the cartridge from the top fin into the tetra along with the new cartridge that goes with the new filter . Will this be ok ? It took me so long to get the tank to cycle !
Yep you did great!! Move all the old filter media (cartridge) you can shove in new filter. If just 1 cartridge then just that.

Keep eye on your water perameters but you should be fine.

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
coreemoore said:
Ps I wouldn't over clean decorations/ plants or glass for next week as beneficial bacteria also lives on these. And while your new filter is getting BB your tank will need the other for help.

New Threads