Need Help Adding A Lot Of Fish

Noah Johnson

Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering how i might be able to add 10 african ciclids at once i just bought and they are coming on saturday i have already cycled my tank everything looks fine and i already have 2 fish in there

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Add extra ammonia or overfeed your tank between now and saturday. You want to increase the ammount of bb before your fish arrive so that you dont get a mini cycle.
Then just keep an eye on your parameters for the next 2 weeks. Youll likely get an ammonia spike before your bb catches up.

Cardeater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When you get the fish, you need to test and do water changes to keep Ammonia and nitrites in check. Use prime at up to 5x the dose to detoxify up to 4ppm ammonia.

I added 3 clown Loaches and 5 rainbowfish to my 10g QT and have followed thus strategy. Ammonia spijed several times but it didn't hurt the fish because I was monitoring be it and did water changed and used prime to keep it in check. I had a cycled filter from my main tank but I had to wait for bacteria to multiply even more to handle the load.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom