Need everyones input

Wolfman

Reaction score
Due to a unidentified catastrophic disease I have to restock my 55 gallon tank it has been drained and cleaned and is up and running again with no fish. So this is where you come in I am kinda stumped as to what to put in the tank I need some inspiration. I have a 35 gallon community tank with all sorts of small fish and I would like another community tank with larger fish but I am open to any suggestions. So I know you guys have your next tank ideas let me hear them.

Thanks

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
I think a 55 gal. is a great size for a cichlid community tank. Here's a link with some cookie cutter suggestions:

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I agree. If I had another tank to set up, I would give serious thought to cichlids.

Luniyn

Well Known
Reaction score
Yeah I saw an all Discus tank and I was hooked. That's what I'm putting in my 55-75 Gal tank... when I buy one .

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Luniyn said:
Yeah I saw an all Discus tank and I was hooked. That's what I'm putting in my 55-75 Gal tank... when I buy one .
Cool. we'll be looking forward to pics of how you set that up.

Hazcop

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think cichlids would be a good idea as well. If you don't want to do that, I am a big fan of rainbow fish. Have a few in my 75 gallon and they get along great with everything in there.

Sarcastic

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Luniyn said:
I echo this position - Discus are gorgeous, colorful fish. And they can cohabitate with a small number other species and plants - something rare in cichlids. You do have to be ready to commit to regular, large water changes and good husbandry.

New Threads