Need Co2 Recommendation

ikolbyi
55 Gallon planted tank - been applying Seachem Excel twice a week.

I'm getting tired of applying Excel as the plants carbon source, was wondering what type of CO2 systems people recommend that would have minimal maintenance and easy access to the canisters without breaking the bank.

In addition need recommendation where to place it, left side by intake, right side by flow output, or center by the heater?

IMG_20180107_094442.jpg

Advertisement
Zigi Zig
There is lot of option there for Co2 what is your budget.. Are you looking for make your own Co2 system or you want purchase package ..
C02 system will help your plants to grow and flourish by replenishing CO2 levels in your planted aquarium. CO2 will also help stabilize pH in your aquarium. Therefore, it is crucial to maintain the proper CO2 levels.. For high tech plants you still going to need to use fertilizer or root tabs..

Advertisement
ikolbyi
I'm already using fertilizers: Seachem Flourish (liquid) and Flourish tabs. I'm exploring C02 mainly to simply stop being a slave to Excel. Budget depends on how 'maintenance' free I can make it... I don't want to be a slave to the system as I spend enough time each week with water changes and scraping the glass. The plants are healthy with exception of pest nails eating my sword and lilly pad.

This tank is 2 years old, just trying to make it easier to maintain with 1 less thing to do every other day.

Zigi Zig
1. So you need to obtain a 5 lb. CO2 cylinder from a local vendor such as a welding supply company. You can also contact your local fire station for information on obtaining a CO2 cylinder.
2.obtain co2 regulator made for aquarium with solenoid. (This one comes with bubble counter)
3.If you going to use co2 mixture reactor you need to have Canister filter (Co2 mixture will completely dissolve co2)
4.If you going to use co2 diffuser you will also need Bubble Counter ( Diffuser will make you fish tank look like Sprite)

5. Must need co2 checker and check valve.

6. Co2 tubing

If you obtain a 5 lb. CO2 cylinder from example amazon when you go fill it up you going to pay only for co2 and exchange fee (My last cost for 5 lb was around $22.50)

Important: Because light is integral to photosynthesis and the creation of oxygen, your plants will stop using CO2 when aquarium lights turn off. Instead, they will start producing CO2. To avoid harmful CO2 overdose and harmful drop in pH levels, do not add CO2 to your aquarium when aquarium lights are off. I am sure you already know that
Here is couple of my setup

ikolbyi
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, I greatly appreciate it. Where do you fill up your CO2 canister? I checked with my local fish store and they do not carry any CO2 equipment.

Zigi Zig
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, I greatly appreciate it. Where do you fill up your CO2 canister? I checked with my local fish store and they do not carry any CO2 equipment.
local vendor such as a welding supply company.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PLECO657
  • Question
Replies
Views
smee82
Replies
Views
Vishaquatics
Replies