75 Gallon Tank Need better lighting, all plants are wilting

Randomfishlover

I recently purchased a light for my tank and I just realized that it was for a 55 not a 75 and that was why my tank wasn't getting enough light.
Do any of you guys have recommendations for lights that fit a 75 and would work for a planted tank? (My budget is preferably under $100 but I am willing to go a little over)

86 ssinit

Ok for a little over the 48” finnex HLC 24/7. Great light for plants. Next a little cheaper and I like it better but a little harder to set up is the hygger 48” 957. This light is fully programable with the programming being done right on top of the light. Last is the vivagrow 24/7 48” light. It and the finnex are pretty much the same. But the vivagrow is about half the price. I use all of these lights without problems. All grow plants. What light do you have now? Being the tank is wider and deeper than a 55 you may need 2 of these fixtures for better growth.

Upvote 0

Randomfishlover

Ok for a little over the 48” finnex HLC 24/7. Great light for plants. Next a little cheaper and I like it better but a little harder to set up is the hygger 48” 957. This light is fully programable with the programming being done right on top of the light. Last is the vivagrow 24/7 48” light. It and the finnex are pretty much the same. But the vivagrow is about half the price. I use all of these lights without problems. All grow plants. What light do you have now? Being the tank is wider and deeper than a 55 you may need 2 of these fixtures for better growth.
Would I need two vivagrows? Or just one?
And for the finnex, does it turn off? Some reviews on amazon say it doesn't. I want a light that turns off for at least 8 hours a day.

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

I understand what your asking. The hygger does shut off or can run all day/night. The thing with the finnex and vivagrow is the run like the sun and moon. Low light early in the day till midday than full light till around 5-6 than they start lowering till night where they go blue and around 2-3am shut off for a few hours than start back up. So your never getting 8 hrs full bright. They are very easy to use and adjustable. All done on a remote controller. Mine are all set on the stock setting.

Upvote 0

Randomfishlover

I understand what your asking. The hygger does shut off or can run all day/night. The thing with the finnex and vivagrow is the run like the sun and moon. Low light early in the day till midday than full light till around 5-6 than they start lowering till night where they go blue and around 2-3am shut off for a few hours than start back up. So your never getting 8 hrs full bright. They are very easy to use and adjustable. All done on a remote controller. Mine are all set on the stock setting.
Would in need two vivagrows if I was to get them of army 75 or just one?

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

You’ll have to see. When I had a 75 I used one. If you need another for some plants you can add the one you already have.
450A2D6F-D4E9-4E9F-90F9-4C396400B2D9.jpeg
Can you put up a picture of your tank and what the plants look like now? Also what ferts are you using.

Upvote 0

Victorzz

If you want to change the light to make plants grow more beautiful and healthy, you need to carefully check whether the light is full spectrum, and the CRI must be at least 90. This is my aquatic plant, which is very healthy.

O1CN01jqFoHA1k9ARfpzZpd_!!0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg
O1CN01e23mdu1k9ARlStySZ_!!0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BusterBot28
Replies
Views
Zach72202
  • Question