Need Aquarium Setup Ideas

FearlessDreamer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’m planning on redecorating my ten gallon tank as well as setting up a new 5-10 gallon tank and I need some ideas. Planning on doing silk plants as I don’t have a green thumb and I kill live ones. Picture of my Walmart save yesterday who’ll be getting the new tank... couldn’t leave him after seeing his cup cracked and the water slowly leaking out
8296E6E4-F7FA-42BF-ACBC-F71B1FEAAA56.jpg

44429B82-1396-4E93-AE3D-2C00A800F409.jpg

FearlessDreamer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have moss... but I’ve even managed to kill java fern :/. I have a aqueous modular ColorMax LED bulb as well as regular LED bulb for light(not sure what one came with the hood. But I can’t seem to keep them alive :/. I’d love to do a planted tank however... I just always kill everything

BlackOsprey

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've found that artificial plants can make a tank look just as green and lush as a bunch of real ones. Good thing too because I have an incredible talent for killing java ferns too. Get your betta plenty of silk plants, and maybe even let a few float at the top. Mine loves to hang out in the floaters in his 10 gallon.

Since a 10 gallon offers a lot of space, you could also keep some small low-maintenance bottom feeders in there too. Ghost shrimp or kuhlis (or both!) make for an effective and interesting clean up crew, and with 10 gallons, I've never seen my betta harass any of them, not even once.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom