Need any information possible on breeding bettas

Bettalover99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ever since I was 2 years old I have owned and kept fish. Bettas have always been my favourites . Their colours , fins , bubble nesting . I guess everything drew me to them. For my grade 7 science fair I successfully trained my bettas . And I know it sounds crazy but they jumped for their food (from my hand) went threw hoops ect. However I thought breeding them would be like guppies. I took my male and female and put them in a 7 gallon tank and let the magic happen . Unfortunately my female suffered from several missing scales and he had eaten off half her tail fin. I removed her from the tank and conditioned her back to health and placed her in a thriving tropical environment as I did not want her to suffer again. I tried this method with 3 different females . One of which he took too . They actually became friends ; swimming together and such . However he wouldn't bubble nest for her . Instead brought food to her and played with her . They became inseparable . He loved her but still wouldn't show any interest in breeding with her. I put her in the tropical tank with her sister and that was that; however I'm still stuck on how to do this , I know what I need to do; condition for 2 weeks . Using heaters and gentoo current lots of plants where as my other tank was completely empty . But I was just curious before I go about trying this again if anybody had any ideas on how to get a good pair and where to get them from . I won't be attempting this til around September it will cost about $700 for the setup my dads planning but any information would be of great help . Preferably from people who have done this ; successful or not! Thanks...Kylie

Bettalover99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
aha !! i do on my laptop wish i could post it but go on youtube and search about it actually you can do it yourself if you would like me to give you my tecniques? it took about 3 months for me to successfully train 3 of them! but yeah i found it very interesting and you can do it with any age fish i did it with my fish thats 3 and i rescued him... so basically its alot of work but no one believed me til i showed them! what kind of fish do you have!??...kylie

Bettalover99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
thank you!! i have already looked at the first link, i know everything possible from the internet i was hoping maybe for some personal stories or how other people do it, i will take a look at your second link

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You'll find the threads I linked to actually contain personal experiences from our members

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom