Need an opinion!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by fishcrazy99, Jul 26, 2015.

1. f

fishcrazy99 Well Known Member Member

What do you guys think about this tank? Something about it has just completely drawn me to it. Am I the only one who thinks its more than a 30 gallon?? Ive never had a hexagon tank, does it have to be stocked differently? Do you think its a good price?

2. B

Blk69 Valued Member Member

IMO, it does look like 30 gallons. Interesting tank, but IMO looks a bit dated. If you purchase recommend painting the base and hood to look little more modern.

I had a 5 gal hex aquarium before, never one that big. Would think you may be limited to smaller fish as larger ones may not be able to turn around as easy. Cleaning may be a issue as will be a deep tank. If you are wanting a planted tank, getting the light to the bottom may be difficult.

This could be a very interesting tank. I say buy it or the 400 gal next to it (only $1500). Imagine what you could do with a 400 gal tank.....

3. OP
    OP
    f

Lol i wouldnt want to change the water on that tank!
    I was reading an old thread on someone with a tank that looks almost the same. People were recommending a single angel fish. Im waiting for seller to respond because I was wondering if it even has a light, that would be a deal breaker. Thinking their asking a tad much, maybe im wrong. I would def paint the hood and stand. I really really would like to do apistogramma borellii but not sure if they would be suitable in this set up? Also not sure what schooling fish I would put in with them. Not sure that this would be a good contender for planting unless I put it by a window which i might. I dont know why I'm so drawn to this thing lol. would love some scarlet badis but I'm guessing they would be too shy with other fish around. Not sure if the borelli would be compatible with a single angel.

4. OP
    OP
    f

Bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice