Need Advice!

• Thread starter Jhinx12
  • Start date

Jhinx12

Hello! I am very new to owning fish, and as of this week I purchased some Black Kuhli Loaches to accompany my betta in a 10 gallon tank (They're only about 2 inches at this point). I was not at the moment aware how large of a tank they needed, as I was just advised that they would be good tankmates for my betta.. I am now looking to rehome them, as I cannot give them back to where I acquired them. I am not sure what to do if I cannot find a better home for them as I will not be getting a larger tank (30 gallons) until December. Will they make it until then if I cannot find them a proper home or should I try to find somewhere to ship them across the country? If so who should I contact to find them a proper home? Any advice would be appreciated, I do feel extremely bad about this and I just want what is best for the fish. Thank you so much!

cocochino

How many did you get, and even though they grow 4 inches the diameter is tiny and they don't have a large bioload. If you have 5 or less I would say they would be fine in the ten gal forever (but bigger is always better).

Jhinx12

cocochino said:
How many did you get, and even though they grow 4 inches the diameter is tiny and they don't have a large bioload. If you have 5 or less I would say they would be fine in the ten gal forever (but bigger is always better).
I currently have 2, because that was all available. I can likely get one more if that would be better for them. As I said, I will be able to get a larger tank and more in the future, but it won't be for about 3 months.

FishBoy101

Well Known
cocochino said:
I completely disagree. They get 4 inches as you stated. A 10 gallon is good for a betta.
Jhinx12 said:
Hello! I am very new to owning fish, and as of this week I purchased some Black Kuhli Loaches to accompany my betta in a 10 gallon tank (They're only about 2 inches at this point). I was not at the moment aware how large of a tank they needed, as I was just advised that they would be good tankmates for my betta.. I am now looking to rehome them, as I cannot give them back to where I acquired them. I am not sure what to do if I cannot find a better home for them as I will not be getting a larger tank (30 gallons) until December. Will they make it until then if I cannot find them a proper home or should I try to find somewhere to ship them across the country? If so who should I contact to find them a proper home? Any advice would be appreciated, I do feel extremely bad about this and I just want what is best for the fish. Thank you so much!
They will make it, I would keep them until December, though cycling will take some time as well though that is another topic completely.

FishBoy101

Well Known
Jhinx12 said:
I currently have 2, because that was all available. I can likely get one more if that would be better for them. As I said, I will be able to get a larger tank and more in the future, but it won't be for about 3 months.
I think that they should be fine for them time being.

Jhinx12

Alright, thank you both so much. I have at this point in time done the proper research for how to care for them and I believe that they should be fine if the size is okay, which was my main worry.

Top Bottom