Need Advice

Daxisapit

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello everyone!

Recently I took a 10 gallon tank from my aunt that her children no longer wanted to care for and clean since they got a puppy. Inside there is a HUGE silver molly. The biggest and fattest molly I have ever seen! She has little no to food competition and is quite obese from being over fed. She is also glass surfing and doesn’t seem to be happy with her setup.
My idea was to move her into my recently cycled (tested today as: 0ammonia 0nitrite and 5nitrate with a liquid test kit) 29 gallon tank that has
6 neon tetras
4 male guppies

However my cousins love these fish dearly and I would hate for her to pass away somehow. I’ve had the neons and guppies in there for 2 weeks now with consistent good parameters and no deaths. Everyone is eating as well.

Do you think it is too much of a risk to move the molly today?
Here is the molly
IMG_0807.JPG

sloughdog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What’s the parameters of the 10 gallon tank? If the parameters are outta whack, the molly would be better off in the 29.

Daxisapit

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
sloughdog said:
What’s the parameters of the 10 gallon tank? If the parameters are outta whack, the molly would be better off in the 29.
I haven’t tested them, but everyone else in the 10 gallon is doing good. Not showing the same symptoms as the molly.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom