Need Advice With What Corydoras To Buy

Should I buy more Corydoras Habrosus or buy 6 New Aspidoras Pauciradiatus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Byron Wilkinson

Hello,
This is my first post and I just wanted to ask for some advice from someone who is more knowledgeable before I do anything

I just went into my local fish store to buy 10x Habrosus Corys but the store only had 4! I purchased the 4 today and they are doing well in the tank and I was wondering if I should either find another store to buy another 6 or buy 6 Aspidoras Pauciradiatus which are very similar to these pygmy corys which my LFS stocks? I'm thinking of buying the Aspidoras as they will probably school with the Habrosus as they are so similar but I wanted to just ask if anyone thought this was an ok solution.

My tank as well is heavily planted, 15 gallon and has been cycled for two months
Thank you as well in advance to anyone who answers me I appreciate it!

Coradee

Hi, as you already have the habrosus I would get a couple more of those rather than have two small groups in a small tank.
The aspidoras although small will be larger than the habrosus when mature & in my experience of them much more active than the habrosus & the two species won’t shoal together.

Byron Wilkinson

Thanks very much I'll try and find some more habrosus probably then!

DoubleDutch

Agree with Coradee. Completely different fish.

Byron Wilkinson

It’s funny I saw that online the LFS employee said they can go together but I was sceptical as well

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies