*Need Advice with Goldfish*

Kjens900

I have a 14 yr old goldfish who developed these blister looking things on his face and near gills. On both sides of the face. Seemed to pop up overnite. Also he looks a bit bloated although he is already a big fish I've noticed it more lately. He has been eating but normally swims around in the tank. But for the last week or two he just kinda hangs out on one end of the tank. I'm attaching photos

PeterFishKeepin

welcome to fishlore some photos will help

Kjens900

welcome to fishlore some photos will help
I tried attaching the pics, I will try again
Here are pics

Attachments

• 20220519_083213.jpg
    20220519_083213.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220518_222256.jpg
    20220518_222256.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220519_082908.jpg
    20220519_082908.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 7

PeterFishKeepin

ok big boy im not sure but others will be able to help, goldfish are know to getting pimples, like humans they just go away.

Kjens900

ok big boy im not sure but others will be able to help, goldfish are know to getting pimples, like humans they just go away.
Ok thank you

SamMe

It might just be the angle of the picture, but it looks like his scales are sticking out a bit like in the beginning stages of dropsy.

PeterFishKeepin

perhaps a bit bloated? to much food?

Kjens900

It might just be the angle of the picture, but it looks like his scales are sticking out a bit like in the beginning stages of dropsy.
It may be. He's 14 yrs old, and I just don't want him to be in pain. Going to probably euthanize him tomarrow. Thanks for replying

SamMe

It may be. He's 14 yrs old, and I just don't want him to be in pain. Going to probably euthanize him tomarrow. Thanks for replying
I'm so sorry. I had to do that with one of my goldfish once. I know how difficult that is. :(

Kjens900

I'm so sorry. I had to do that with one of my goldfish once. I know how difficult that is. :(
Awwe thanks, I just don't know when the time is right because he's still eating. What do you suggest?

SamMe

Awwe thanks, I just don't know when the time is right because he's still eating. What do you suggest?
If he's still eating and acting fairly normal, I would wait. When mine had dropsy, it had "pineconed" to the point that it was so bloated it's scales were sticking out so far it was obvious that there was no way it couldn't be without pain. He's old for a goldfish, so you've obviously taken very good care of him. You can treat dropsy with salt. I don't remember the ratio, but you can easily find it. It might help.

Kjens900

If he's still eating and acting fairly normal, I would wait. When mine had dropsy, it had "pineconed" to the point that it was so bloated it's scales were sticking out so far it was obvious that there was no way it couldn't be without pain. He's old for a goldfish, so you've obviously taken very good care of him. You can treat dropsy with salt. I don't remember the ratio, but you can easily find it. It might help.
Thank you!!

Kjens900

Also he developed these blister like bumps on his face literally overnite. Has anyone seen this before?
Pics

Attachments

• 20220523_203653.jpg
    20220523_203653.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220523_203605.jpg
    20220523_203605.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 2

SamMe

I'm not saying this IS the problem, but you may want to look up GBD (gas bubble disease) and see if the symptoms fit.

Kjens900

I'm not saying this IS the problem, but you may want to look up GBD (gas bubble disease) and see if the symptoms fit.
Yea I've looked that up before and the pictures don't look like what he's got. I'm just not sure. If this was your fish, what would you do?

SamMe

Is he still eating and acting ok?

Kjens900

Is he still eating and acting ok?
Yes still eating, but not as active as before. And noticed that when he poops its just a thin string like poop. He mainly stays in one spot but swims around when I feed him

SamMe

As long as he's eating and still able to move around in a somewhat normal manner, I would just let him be. I know it's a hard call, but after having him for so long I feel you'll know when he's just not acting even close to normal and that it's time. I'm sorry I'm not any more help. :(

Kjens900

As long as he's eating and still able to move around in a somewhat normal manner, I would just let him be. I know it's a hard call, but after having him for so long I feel you'll know when he's just not acting even close to normal and that it's time. I'm sorry I'm not any more help. :(

You've definitely just confirmed my thoughts. That's what I was thinking too. Thank you so much for replying.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bpch2o
Replies
Views
Mary765
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views