Need advice - Weather change

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Rainy season is on the brink and i'm worried whether it would affect my pet mollies in any way. If yes, could anyone please explain the precautionary actions needed.

I'll first explain my country's conditions.. India is a very tropical country and I stay in the Southern part of the country. During summer, the temp would go up to 42 D Celcius. So there would absolutely be no need for the aquarium heaters during this time. Even in rainy season / winters, the temp would be around 32 C - 35 C, except for some very rainy days. I'm particulary worried about these rainy days.

Also i've been keeping the baby mollies in a cement tank around a very damp place in my backyard. Please explain what is to be done, so that I don't lose any of these beautiful creatures.

Thanks,
Lokky

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I do not know much about Mollies but I do know that probably there is not a way for them to handle 42 C temperatures which I believe works out to 107 F especially if they are in the sun at all. As far as the rain goes, if I have read the other post you have about Cement Tanks right; then there are a lot of them around your country. What do people normally do when the monsoons come? Is there a way of bringing them inside? Is it possible to get a 15 gallon tank to bring them into the house during this time? I applaud your devotion to the little ones, but other than to advise you to try to find a way to bring them into the house during this time, I do not know what to tell you. Perhaps there are others who will have more ideas. Good luck to you and to your little Mollies.

Rose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Except to say they will probably spawn like crazy(constant fresh water, more food due to food being washed in to the pond, change in barometric pressure)
Carol

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mollies can not handle 107 degree temps they will die. I would bring them in they are aquarium fish and are not meant to be kept in a pond and put them in a 15 gallon aquarium like chickadee said that would be the best option

VertigoXLR8R222

Valued Member
Reaction score
build the water seal on your pond up at least a 20 cm above the average height of your yard this way when the water floods your yard at monsoon it wont interchange with the water in your tank if you pond isn't more than six meters across i would concrete corner post and stretch a tarp above the pond you could make it about two meters high so you could stand underneath and enjoy your pond the constant shade will keep your pond temperature and your oxygen levels constant if you're still worried about your pond getting too hot then you can put a return loop from your pump underground this will keep your temperature a more constant temp and its cooler six feet underground than the surface or the air above it if you let your pond stay in open sunlight in over 100 degree temps your fish will die i cant see any other option Lee

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom