Need advice on HardScape & Planting

wade0328

Did my hardscape, but it seems un natural and very symmetrical. Anyone have any tips? Add more rocks change things around? Also what plants should I put in?

I have a 30" Finnex Fugeray. It is a 20 long tank. Will also be running Co2 injection. Eco complete/Fluorite black substrate mix.

This?

Different

Lilibeth_Seasong

Welcome to Fishlore!

I think I might put the big rock on the right, medium on the left, and small in the middle. You can play with the angles on the rocks as well.

What kind of lighting do you have? That will influence what kind of plants you can keep well. I think some java fern and/or anubias would look very nice.

wade0328

I have a 30" Finnex Fugeray It is a 20 long tank. Will also be running Co2 injection. I'm very active on other fish forums, but I really like this one and I am not sure why I haven't been active on here! Looks like a great forum!

Abyss

Sometimes less is more with 2 focal points on each end will draw the eye more across. With 3 its more overwhelming to the eyes, with aquascape it will soften the look much more.

Lilibeth_Seasong

Abyss is right as well. If you don't like it with three rocks you could maybe take out one of the smaller rocks. I just keep rearranging my tank until I find what I like.

Looks like you will have a good setup for some higher light plants. I'm no expert there (only keep low light right now), but maybe someone else can help with that.

wade0328

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I'm looking to get in the higher light range hopefully!

Abyss

Post some pics when its all finished

nimthirel

what if you keep two rocks one side and put them together like a small cave

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views
ruud
  • Question