Need advice on craigslist RO unit!

cstarr89

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I need some advice on this craigslist RO unit this is the cheapest I have seen on craigslist. I've been looking into getting one recently but my tap water has 0 nitrates so I can't bring myself to spend the money on it. This is definetly within my price range but does this look ok to you guys. And btw the filters are 45+ shipping online but only have to change once a year....

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thats a good price, depends in how much life is left in the filters, what kind of shape it is really in....the pic looks like an ad pic.

Mine was $250 new. The membrane filter is good for 3 - 4 years. The fine sediment filters need replacing when the flow slows down....I'm getting a year and a half on those. Depends on how bad your water is.

I get an output of approx 6 gallons hour....with a lot of tanks, that ain't much but works for me....I usually do enough to do all the tanks and then store 12 extra gallons for emergency should it arise.

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
6 gallons per hour? I must either have really bad water or really bad water pressure. I can maybe fill a five gallon bucket in an evening from around 6:00 to 11:00.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tap water is bad stuff!!! Get RO unit and buy new cartidges for it and do all water changes with RO even if you don't purchuse it go RO !!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads