Need advice asap

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was just wondering if it would be ok to put 8 adolescent platys in the 10 gallon until Monday at about noon? Monday morning they are going to be sold to somebody and I put them through so much stress just putting them in the breeder net earlier, mainly because I was originally selling them tomorrow but the guy phoned and said Monday, and if you have a tall hexagonal tank you know it is hard to reach all the way to the bottom and try and flush about 8 fish out of all the plants on the bottom. The readings in the 10 gallon are:
pH:7.0-.5
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 3.3
Nitrate: 110 only because the nitrites interfer with its testing
Would it be safe to do that for only a few days(with of course a water change tonight to help lower the nitrites) or is that to much of a shock on the tank? Please help me before tomorrow morning. I'm sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.
Tom

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Re: Need advice by tomorrow morning

The long post isn't a problem more info is always better. I really wouldn't put anything in a tank with nitrites and nitrates that high. They probably wouldn't be alive come monday morning.
Carol

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Re: Need advice by tomorrow morning

For all I know the nitrates could be 0, its just the nitrites that I know of that are really high and interfer with the nitrate test. I couldn't put them in there even if I changed the water once a day until Monday? Thanks in advance.
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I retested the nitrites after the 25% water change last night and they halfed(from 3.3-about1.6). I did another 25% water change tonight and plan on doing one every night until Monday. Hope this helps to put the remainning 7 platy in the 10 Gallon.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom