Need advice, 55 gallon starter kit

fishdude5000

Im looking for a new 55 gallon tank becuase my angel and pleco are getting bigger and i need a 55 gallon and im looking at a topfin 55 gallon aquarium starter kit at petsmart and its $140 and its a good price for a starter kit and i was wandering if its a good kit and ive a 10 gallon for 1 year now and a 29 for a couple monthes and the 10 gallon is topfin too and the filter works great still so im very excited to see how this 55 gallon goes. I would also like some advice on what to stock in the 55 gallon with the pleco and angel and if you have any adivce for me anything would help!!!!

BigManAquatics

I am not a fan of the filters from the smaller kits(oone died after a few months),but overall i have had no issues with the rest of the Topfin kits! Still use most of the 10 gal kit several years later! So most likely a good buy, IMO.

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

Kit tanks usually come with lesser equipment. I would advise getting your own filter, light and heater. What come’s in a kit is never big enough and most don’t last. buy your own online for cheaper prices. Even the stand for these tanks are usually made out of pressboard. Which is fine till it gets wet. And being it’s holding up a fish tank sooner or later it’s going to get wet.

Upvote 0

Turnkeyagenda24

Im looking for a new 55 gallon tank becuase my angel and pleco are getting bigger and i need a 55 gallon and im looking at a topfin 55 gallon aquarium starter kit at petsmart and its $140 and its a good price for a starter kit and i was wandering if its a good kit and ive a 10 gallon for 1 year now and a 29 for a couple monthes and the 10 gallon is topfin too and the filter works great still so im very excited to see how this 55 gallon goes. I would also like some advice on what to stock in the 55 gallon with the pleco and angel and if you have any adivce for me anything would help!!!!
That is the tank i just got, it is working very well.(my fish like it alot)

Upvote 0

DrPleconstein

I got a 10 gallon topfin kit 3 years ago and everything has worked great until this week. The filter went out on me. But I just went over and bought a new one for $15 and it is going strong again. I dont know about the bigger sets though. Goodluck with it! Look forward to seeing pictures.

Upvote 0

georgelee1000

here's my two cents. if you want to just keep fish. these kit are fine. they are just easy... some even come with gravel.

but if you want to grow plants, these kit is not that ideal. most kit their light is not bright at all.

i would personally do tank only, esp with petco dollar events just started recently, and add filter and etc. i am sure $140 will get you a nicer 55 gal tank + filter + light, better than the kit. the only thing you are missing is the lid, which can get expensive. but it's not necessary in a lot of aquarium.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
angsess78
  • Question
Replies
Views
Angles4ever
  • Question
Replies
Views