Need A Suggestion For Hob Filter

Vijay reddy

Reaction score
I want to buy a hangon back filter!! Is the sunsun 502 good?? Will it be capable of mechanical filtration?

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you can, you would be better served with one of the established leaders in filtration. I settled on the Marineland line many years ago. I have found them reliable. I have the Penguin 100 on our 10 gallon betta aquarium.

I am sure others will stop buy with their own favorites.

OP
V

Vijay reddy

Reaction score
Not many types of filter brands are available in our region!!! Aquaclear and sunsun are available!

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bought the aquaclear. So not impressed. Though I like the way the media is loaded. The whole thing is cheaply made. And noisy. I don’t know the sunsun.
Are you getting a super great deal on it?

Jocelyn Adelman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I use sunsun canisters and powerheads, never been disappointed. Have not seen a sunsun hob here in the states though. I love my aquaclear filters, if buying for a larger tank this would be my go to, another that I like a lot that you might be able to get there is the azoo mignon. (Not sure if the mignon 1000 is the largest or if there is more)

maxefforts

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Vijay reddy said:
I want to buy a hangon back filter!! Is the sunsun 502 good?? Will it be capable of mechanical filtration?
Definitely Aqua clear, they are awesome, had them for years. Have them on all my tanks, no issues.

fish_ninja

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love Aquaclear, I've found them to be quiet, and I like the way the filter inserts are loaded. There are 3 different inserts that stack on top of each other, one for each type of filtration (chemical, mechanical, and biological).

imba

Well Known
Reaction score
I'm all for the aquaclear as well. Well built, highly customizable media compartment, silent and reliable. No complaints. For a 10 gallons, I'd for the aquaclear 30

OP
V

Vijay reddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jocelyn Adelman.
But In my region mostly sunsun is available, there are other filters too but not good ones.
So would like to know about sunsun HBLs so that I could buy one and make sure it is a good one!

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
From what I have read from the members here that have them. They do the job but do not last long.

EDIT: This is in India.

Keep in mind that with bio wheels you must lubreacte the pins with silicone.

New Threads