29 Gallon Tank Need a new heater for 29gal fresh tank

Nickguy5467

turns out my heater died and my tank is now like 72f(heated up from 70f) from the normal 77f. luckily my fish seem to be okay for now. I moved my qt tank heater to it but it is just to try to help a bit as its designed for a 10gl tank. i keep finding ones with bad reviews on amazon. so what do the experts of fishlore think? i could order on amazon or at my lfs well sorta lfs i dont know when i can get a ride there. but recommendations are helpful if you have them. thank you

also im using a controller for the heater so it doesnt matter if its adjustable or not. i dont think. the last aqueon was adjustable but i just put it above 77 and let the controller do the rest

Edit: my aqueon that died. it was adjustable.

Revan

I currently use an aqueon prest heater right now, and it works fine. You could get an adjustable heater, they're usually more reliable. There will always be bad reviews on Amazon, at this point, I'm assuming people didn't follow the minimum water level instructions and the heater started dying. This is warned by every heater manufacturer, so it shouldn't really be applicable.

StarGirl

I would get an adjustable one. I just had to get a different one for my 5g because the preset was not able to keep up with the temperature. I checked mine and it was only 72 instead of the 76-78 that it is supposed to heat. Ambient temp really makes a big difference with presets.

Heaters I think are all pretty hit or miss when you are buying cheaper ones. Stick with a brand name you know and have a backup is my advise. With your controller I am pretty sure you want a adjustable one. Right now I have a Finnex, Eheim and a Marina.

BigManAquatics

I have used the orlushy 150 watt heaters in most of my 29s without issue.

Nickguy5467

my tiny heater has gottten my tank to 75-76 since i posted. so i guess its safe stable. until i get a replacement on tuesday.
I would get an adjustable one. I just had to get a different one for my 5g because the preset was not able to keep up with the temperature. I checked mine and it was only 72 instead of the 76-78 that it is supposed to heat. Ambient temp really makes a big difference with presets.

Heaters I think are all pretty hit or miss when you are buying cheaper ones. Stick with a brand name you know and have a backup is my advise. With your controller I am pretty sure you want a adjustable one. Right now I have a Finnex, Eheim and a Marina.
yeah i dont want to get a budjet heater that might just die on me . what is a good price range for a 200w (i just realized my heater that died was 200. so i guess i should stick to that?)
turns out my heater was 200w , but i'll ad it to my contender list. thanks. i dont remember the reason i got a 200w. but i read in some cases that they have to work less and dont die so fast or something? and being connected to a controller i dont have to worry if they have a seizer and try to cook my fish because it would turn them off at 77f anyway. *shrug

Nickguy5467

i ended up getting one of those. and i really like it so far. its also a lot thicker than the aqueons ive used . i wasnt expecting that. so instead of vertical placed next to my filter i have it horizontal below it.. thanks for the suggest. though i think this works better because i didnt have the older heater fully submerged , as the tip with the dial was out of the water. maybe thats why it died. oh well.

BigManAquatics

i ended up getting one of those. and i really like it so far. its also a lot thicker than the aqueons ive used . i wasnt expecting that. so instead of vertical placed next to my filter i have it horizontal below it.. thanks for the suggest. though i think this works better because i didnt have the older heater fully submerged , as the tip with the dial was out of the water. maybe thats why it died. oh well.
I would have to check. But i think i have Orlushy's in all tanks accept 1, and that one is a regular Aqueon.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • blindfaith429
  • Heater
Replies
Views
blindfaith429
  • WrenFeenix
  • Heater
Replies
Views
H2O Concierge