Need A New Filter

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I need recommendations for good filters
Specifically looking for overflow box filters, they work better for me.
I already have a canister to supplement extra flow and filtration, I have always been running two filters on my tank at once.

I especially like the AquaClear 50, but it's a bit more expensive.
My second preference is the Aqueon QuietFlow 75, that really excites me.
I have no experience with the Marineland Penguin filters, but not too hesitant to look into them

What's your favorite HOB filter, and size?
I also do not want any filter by Penn Plax.

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've used all three. Personally i find marineland hob filters to be garbage. I just got an aqueon 20 for my 20 long. So far its super quiet and seems to do a good job. Aquaclears are probably the best of the three, but also most expensive. I love that fact that you can interchange medias and put whatever you want in them.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Mike1995 said:
I've used all three. Personally i find marineland hob filters to be garbage. I just got an aqueon 20 for my 20 long. So far its super quiet and seems to do a good job. Aquaclears are probably the best of the three, but also most expensive. I love that fact that you can interchange medias and put whatever you want in them.
I am personally thinking of going with the QuietFlow 75, I want that 400gph on my 30

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ve tried tetra quiet flow, marineland and aquaclear and I love the aquaclear! You can change it up as you want and only change part of the media at a time so you don’t lose the cycle. And the flow is adjustable. Worth the money.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fanatic said:
I need recommendations for good filters
Specifically looking for overflow box filters, they work better for me.
I already have a canister to supplement extra flow and filtration, I have always been running two filters on my tank at once.

I especially like the AquaClear 50, but it's a bit more expensive.
My second preference is the Aqueon QuietFlow 75, that really excites me.
I have no experience with the Marineland Penguin filters, but not too hesitant to look into them

What's your favorite HOB filter, and size?
I also do not want any filter by Penn Plax.
i have a marineland penguin 350 and it works great for me. i have it on a 20 tall hahah so that could be a bit overkill but i absolutly love it over my aquon hob filter

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom