Need a name for my new betta!

Devotedo12

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We recently got betta #2 for our youngest daughter. She loves it and hugs the tank every day saying "my baby" but she's 2 and can't name the fish. I can't seem to come up with a good name for it either so figured I'll ask yall for help naming him. I attached some pictures so please take a look and let the naming begin!

Attachments

Heron

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He's a great looking fish. If your naming it for a small child I would go for something short and easy to say, perhaps a character from some kids TV program or something simple like fishy.
My first childhood goldfish was named Jaws and when it died we replaced it with Jaws 2.

Sien

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could name him dos, as in number 2 lol. That would be easy for a a child to remember and pronounce. Has meaning because it is your second betta and your daughter is 2 :)

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What are her favorite shows? I know its not as elegant of a name but kids love that and as they grow up they remember! Like we have a female cat named Thomas. Because my kids were obsessed with Thomas the train. My oldest was about 2 at the time and still do this day he goes "That's Thomas, like thomas the train".

We have some silly animal names on our farm but its all good :p
Daisy (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - GOAT)
Darth Vader (GOAT)
Peter Parker (GOAT)
Thomas (Thomas and friends - CAT)
Kylo Wren (Betta)
Bubble Fett (Betta) <--- okay I had something to do with that one LOL
Dante (Disney Coco - Bearded Dragon)

Try to at least pick something easy she can say :)

OP
Devotedo12

Devotedo12

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Heron said:
He's a great looking fish. If your naming it for a small child I would go for something short and easy to say, perhaps a character from some kids TV program or something simple like fishy.
My first childhood goldfish was named Jaws and when it died we replaced it with Jaws 2.
Thank you! My daughter loves him and so do I. His color is coming in more so his body is getting more blue.

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Maybe Buddy? Cute name and easy to remember

OP
Devotedo12

Devotedo12

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
A name has been chosen. Everyone meet Rainbow. She said he looks like a rainbow so Rainbow it is. Lol. Thanks for your suggestions!

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Devotedo12 said:
A name has been chosen. Everyone meet Rainbow. She said he looks like a rainbow so Rainbow it is. Lol. Thanks for your suggestions!
Good choice!

New Threads