Need A Diy Filter System For 2.5 Gallon Tank

underthetank

I'm really looking to make my own filter for my 2.5 gallon tank. This is not a home for fish but rather a separation tank or hospital tank and I would like a filter going but all the filters are too big and have to much of a current for any fish I put in there, especially my betta.
If someone can help with a filter system I'm looking to either do like a small container filter or bottled filter. I can't seem to find on youtube a small one that works well but with a softer flow if possible.

If not if anyone can recommend a smaller filter I can buy with a softer flow.

Thanks!

Cichlidude

grump299

As cichlidude suggests Amazon has some cheap spongefilters I have ordered one that I'm waiting for now for my betta tank..Probably just as cheap as making one..

underthetank

Thanks. I found this but I can't seem to find an air pump for a smaller tank or can I use one for a 5 to 10 with an adjustable flow?

Cichlidude

underthetank said:
Thanks. I found this but I can't seem to find an air pump for a smaller tank or can I use one for a 5 to 10 with an adjustable flow?
Plenty to choose from:

JHood

I have a Tetra whisper air pump for my betta sponge filter. It came with an adjustable piece that lets me set how much air flow comes through the filter. It's quiet too.

Islandvic

underthetank

You can use a simple in-line "T" fitting on the air line to attach a bleeder valve to vent off extra pressure.

Here is a link to a site that explains it better.

Amazon has a ton of generic air line fitting kits at has different fittings, bleed valves, control valves, check valves, suction cups, T's etc etc.

Always good to have an assortment on hand for a quick DIY setup.

Collin Chorba

Look up the king of diy’s diy filters

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom