Need a compatibility help for my setup!

Pocoyo122

They there new to the fish lore...so today a made a little mistake a needed a little help before I go into town and my LFS Is more noob then me. Anyways so my set up is a 60gal setup with 1-Redtailed shark,4-white skirt tetras,1-marble gourami,1-meekI firemouth. So approx 3days ago I bought the marble guar and didn’t realize it was not like my pearls and killed my blue guar. In my tank in less then 24hrs so today I went into town to look for a replacement and ended up with a meekI firemouth that is just barely and 1” when introduced to the community tank my marble proceeded to try to kill the firemouth. ( both fish get along with the other just not each other)as it stands the marble is in a iso tank and can be traded for a different fish. My question today is what is the best replacement fish I can get for my setup? I can’t guarantee store cred so I just gotta assume I’ll trade a fish for a fish and maybe pay extra what will be best for a tiny fire mouth and red tail in a 60gal setup? (Try to list more the one possibility due to store fish stock availability. Many thanks yalll

Lucifer93

Welcome to Fishlore!

If you want a more peaceful Gourami, then I would recommend looking into Pearl Gouramis and Honey Gouramis. Honey Gouramis are smaller so you could add 3 or 4 of them in there (no more than one male though).

Pocoyo122

They would be okay with a little meekI firemouth? I was thinking I could buy another little firemouth? I’d worry for the pearls?

Lucifer93

Probably, didn't realize that you had a firemouth in there. It'll be fine for now, but once the firemouth gets to an adult size, then there might be some issues. Even some of the more aggressive gouramis might have a problem with a firemouth.

jinjerJOSH22

Pocoyo122 said:
They would be okay with a little meekI firemouth? I was thinking I could buy another little firemouth? I’d worry for the pearls?
I wouldn't get Honeys in this setup, I think the fish you have are a bit too boisterous for them. Another Firemouth should be fine, in my limited experience with them they aren't so much aggressive more pushy. The Pearls should be fine.

Pocoyo122

Thank you for the feed back I have come to the conclusion that I’d get another firemouth making the tank being finished with adding fish my 60gal set up wil be 2 meekI firemouth’s 4 white skirt tetras 1 red tailed shark in a few days I will be getting a bristlenose pleco(on another thread) I’ll need to find out if I can get more then one. Thank you all for your time and help

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom