Necessary to disinfect hospital tank after Kanaplex?

GuppyLucy

Hi All. Your thoughts would be appreciated. I had three guppies in a hospital tank. Originally they were moved there due to fungus/columnaris. One died and the other two recovered. They have been symptom free for a week and I'll leave them another week to be sure.

My question is this: after treating the tank with a cycle of kanaplex and adding salt to the water, during the treatment, should I still disinfect the tank with vinegar /bleach before using the tank as a quarantine for new fish/shrimp?

I've crashed the cycle once already because of the medication and had to do a fish-in cycle. I'm also paranoid that I'll kill the new fish with bleach residue, so I'm questioning if all the salt and kanaplex would be sufficient to have disinfected the tank already? TIA!

A201

Numerous members on Fishlore have used Kanaplex in their display tanks w/o breaking down the tank & disinfecting after treatment. Really no need to break down a reserve tank either. Keeping a regular weekly water change routine should be enough to naturally return an equilibrium to the aquarium environment.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• ravenlady13
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
ravenlady13
Replies
Views
angelcraze
Replies
Views
rezplog