Nearly completed ponds

1. Jnx Member Member

Okeedoke,
    Here are my nearly completed ponds,
    the 8 gallon, with 3 comet goldfish that will need to be rehomed eventually, banana plants, water lilies, iris, peace lily, and 4 snails, in the foreground;
    and the two 2.5 gallons, each with a betta, 2 small snails, sarracenia, peace lily, and pothos in the background : [​IMG]
    A closer picture of the two small ponds:[​IMG]
    A close up of my plakat, who is in the rightmost pond:[​IMG]
    A terrible photo of the crown tail (he wouldn't sit still, and my tablet makes my 1975 Pentax K1000 look like the height of photo technology) :[​IMG]
    And the three comets, whose water wouldn't sit still, so also a horrible photograph:[​IMG]

2. Pikachu13131 Member Member

Are those sarracenia wrigleyana?

3. Jnx Member Member

They're sarracenia 'Scarlet Belle', which, as near as I can find are wrigleyana, or are very closely related. Well spotted!

4. Pikachu13131 Member Member

If their scarlet Belle then there s.wrigleyana.do you grow any other carnivorous plants?

5. Jnx Member Member

They are Scarlet Belle. No, they're my only carnivorous plants.

6. Pikachu13131 Member Member

Do you have nurseries that sell carnivorous plants I can't find many.

7. Jnx Member Member

The only ones I've found available in my local area are venus fly traps and various pitcher plants are sometimes for sale at Lowe's, and are packaged in such a way that you may be able to order them from their website. And Agway usually has sarracenia Scarlet Belle from mid-May to late June.