Natural ways to make water clear

KyleFalkor

I've had my tank setup for a few months now and although I've changed nothing regarding how I take care of the tank, for the last day or two the water doesn't seem as clear as it normally is. It's kinda cloudy. Just looking for any natural to help make it nice and clear, And also the reasoning behind why it's happening?

DoubleDutch

Depends on what os causing it : Bacterial bloom = do nothing and really nothing.
Algae bloom = there need things to be done.

Flyfisha

White cloudy might be bacteria.
Green cloudy is more likely to be floating algae.

A photo might help?

Do you currently run any floss?

Its probably a good idea to test the water?. Shops often test for free.

KyleFalkor

Flyfisha said:
White cloudy might be bacteria.
Green cloudy is more likely to be floating algae.

A photo might help?

Do you currently run any floss?

Its probably a good idea to test the water?. Shops often test for free.
[/QUOTE
It's like kinda white. I have some algea build up sometimes on the glass that I brush off regularly. It's not bad, it's just not exactly as clear as of like. Don't really like adding chemicals to the tank. It's not cloudy enough to even really come out in a picture.

Flyfisha

White ish is a bacteria bloom. I would definitely test the water parameters.
I have never had a bacteria bloom in an established but if DoubleDutch says it’s not a problem and it will clear up I believe him. Testing the water for ammonia and nitrites will do no harm.

If you can’t even see it with a photo perhaps just run some floss in ONE of your filters is enough. I suggest you wait for advice from someone who has experience with white cloudy water.

I can never resist posting photos.
A happy fish swimming in a soup of food / green water.
DACA9219-8D80-46D2-8C32-FF4F8E2D9811.png

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom