Experience
1 year
How to make caves with real rocks any help

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Well... stack rocks until you make a cave. As long as it seems stable there really isn't any trick to it.

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Carefully. I've heard many tales of crushed fish.

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You could super glue them together to ensure it doesn't collapse.

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IceFyre1414 said:
You could super glue them together to ensure it doesn't collapse.
I thought of that, but then I didn't know how to lift all that weight up to clean it without it coming apart. I'm going to wait a month until our local landscape places open up. They have thin pieces of slate that I could use aquarium sealant to glue into sections so I could remove them to clean easier. I really do like the rock look though. I haven't stopped trying to figure out how to do it.

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Kimberly Guy said:
I thought of that, but then I didn't know how to lift all that weight up to clean it without it coming apart. I'm going to wait a month until our local landscape places open up. They have thin pieces of slate that I could use aquarium sealant to glue into sections so I could remove them to clean easier. I really do like the rock look though. I haven't stopped trying to figure out how to do it.
I guess it depends on the size of the rocks, super glue works great for small and light rocks but as you said the weight would be too much if it was for a larger cave.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads