Natural Decor?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Bailey Oswald, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Bailey Oswald

Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

Looking for suggestions on natural decorations. I would like to take out the cave in my 50 gallon tank that my loach hides in and replace it with some natural things to hide behind. What I have now is a log that will be planted with one anubias coffeefolia and one nana petite, along with a java fern. I also have a white rock thing (pictured below).
    I also plan on getting dwarf hairgrass and lemon bacopa that will be planted in the substrate.

The cave is about 11 inches wide. I'd like to find something to put where the cave is now. The cave is on the right side of the tank, the white rock on the opposite side (both near the wall) and the wood will be upright in the center. I am also considering replacing the white rock.

I have thought about rocks and driftwood lain down.
    Also feel free to suggest ways to aquascape this! I'm not very good at aquascaping.

Sorry if this is kind of everywhere. :l bfb49a525a6904b0aa0661f141798648.jpg 351eb0daa66e8cff4c4a8e0162a8ec0a.jpg f22e80eff070b31523f24ac47acc038e.jpg

2. a

ajgravedigger13 Valued Member Member

Get some dragon stone and some mopani two tone African wood

3. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

@KinsKicks is good with aquascaping but Amazon Swords and jungle Vallisneria are good.

4. xapoc

xapoc Valued Member Member

Well I'm fixing my tank decor also, one plant I recently came across and got it is water wisteria, it looks amazing grows up to 20" and its easy to maintain.
    Water Wisteria
    also some rocks that I found to be good for freshawater tank, contemplating to acquire
    * granite, schist, basalt, obsidian, anorthosite

5. OP
    OP
    Bailey Oswald

I was looking at Dragon stone. It's very pretty! Kind of expensive, but I may buy some.
    I was thinking more along the lines of a pile of cholla wood logs.

6. a

ajgravedigger13 Valued Member Member

Worth every penny

7. OP
    OP
    Bailey Oswald

I'm looking more at hardscape materials right now.

8. OP
    OP
    Bailey Oswald

Hmmmm.... I'll look into those rocks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice