National Geographic Tropical Fish Flakes

guppiesandpuppies

Please tell me what your rating is for this food based only on how healthy it is for adult male guppies as the main part of their diet and give me an explanation of your rating. Thanks!

Here are the ingredients:

Floundering_Around

The first few main ingredients are high quality but it also has a lot of fillers such as soy and wheat. I would give it a 7 out of 10

DanPlanted

National Geographic foods are made by Omega One. The formulas are very similar, but do differ slightly. That being said, Omega One makes a great flake food both for their own brand and for PetSmart.

RobinWhiskers

DanPlanted

RobinWhiskers said:
Omega One and NLS are always the best in my opinion.
Yup, omega flakes and nls pellets. Ive been hearing good things about fluval bug bites and cobalt lately also. I really want to try sera and Tropical brand but haven't seen them in the us yet.

IcedColdMine

DanPlanted said:
Yup, omega flakes and nls pellets. Ive been hearing good things about fluval bug bites and cobalt lately also. I really want to try sera and Tropical brand but haven't seen them in the us yet.
I head Big Bites are also good! I want to buy them but none of my LFS sell them...............

DanPlanted

IcedColdMine said:
I head Big Bites are also good! I want to buy them but none of my LFS sell them...............
Yeah, I have been using them lately. I like them alot. Petco sells bug bites now too, but like all my Lfs also have them as do most online sites. Petco also brought in some cobalt fish food to stores.

Dooley

Interestingly I saw an article about black soldier fly meal for fish farms, this was an Australian company but a quick google shows others are doing it too.

This is exactly what the bug bites are.

I wonder if they are supplied in bulk to fish farms, there could be opportunity to buy it more cheaply, although Fluval is adding other ingredients.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom