National Geographic Tropical Fish Flakes

guppiesandpuppies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Please tell me what your rating is for this food based only on how healthy it is for adult male guppies as the main part of their diet and give me an explanation of your rating. Thanks!

Here are the ingredients:

Floundering_Around

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The first few main ingredients are high quality but it also has a lot of fillers such as soy and wheat. I would give it a 7 out of 10

DanPlanted

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
National Geographic foods are made by Omega One. The formulas are very similar, but do differ slightly. That being said, Omega One makes a great flake food both for their own brand and for PetSmart.

IcedColdMine

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yup, omega flakes and nls pellets. Ive been hearing good things about fluval bug bites and cobalt lately also. I really want to try sera and Tropical brand but havent seen them in the us yet.
I head Big Bites are also good! I want to buy them but none of my LFS sell them...............

Dooley

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Interestingly I saw an article about black soldier fly meal for fish farms, this was an Australian company but a quick google shows others are doing it too.

This is exactly what the bug bites are.

I wonder if they are supplied in bulk to fish farms, there could be opportunity to buy it more cheaply, although Fluval is adding other ingredients.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom