nassarius snail feeding

Discussion in 'Saltwater Snails' started by fish4life157, Dec 25, 2012.

1. fish4life157

fish4life157 Valued Member Member

Hello Fishlore! I have six fairly new nassarius snails in my 55 gallon FOWLR tank. I will be leaving on a trip for 10 days and I was wondering if they could survive without me feeding them for that period of time. My tank has been running for 7 weeks and I have no fish or shrimp. I just have hermits, turbo, actea snails, and the nassarius snails. Please respond quickly for I am leaving in a few days. :;thx

2. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

You could get a auto feeder and set it to fed a small amount of food each day or you can have someone feed the tank by writing directions on how to fed it or you can feed a little bit more than you normally feed the tank NOT to much more before you leave plus do a water change right before you leave to make sure every thing is stable.

3. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

I usually bury a couple pellets in the sand for my nassarius snails every couple of days. If you have sufficient algae growth then your hermits and other snails should be alright. If you could have a friend come by and feed your tank once or twice while you're gone that would be best. Whenever I have to do that I make specific containers which are labeled next to the tank. I then put enough food in each container for one feeding so the tank isn't over fed or underfed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice