Nano Tanks (5gal And Under) And Their Inhabitants

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Demeter, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Very recently I've acquired a 3.4gal tank and already have it set up and planted. ATM I've only got plants and a few red rams in it.
    3.4gal.JPG

I'm kinda curious to see other people's nano tanks and would like to hear what critters they keep in them. I've more or less already decided what to keep in mine but am always looking for more inspiration.

Feel free to post pictures and a short description of your nano tanks!

2. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I have a 5 gallon with a betta, 2 rabbit snails and 3 amano shrimp. Will post a picture later :)

3. Culprit

Culprit Fishlore VIP Member

I have a 5 gallon bowfront, one of those glofish tanks. I am curently keeping 4 glofish tetras, 1 nerite, and 2 ghost shrimp in it... yes I know, its WAY to small for the tetras, but only about 1 more month for my 20 gallon to finish dry starting and I'll move them over to it. So since it was my first tank my parents got me the super colorful fake plants and gravel that 'glowed' under the black light. So know I'm rescaping it. Here's what it looks like in the rough in the mock tank as I continue to make changes to make it look better. It still has a lot of work to make it look great!! :p
    IMG_20170731_093143.jpg

And here is what it looks like now.
    P1030861.JPG

4. BettaPonic

BettaPonic Well Known Member Member

5 gallon
    Heterandria formosa – Least Killifish
    Neoheterandria elegans – Tiger Teddy
    poecilopsis-gracilus
    skiffia-bilineata
    micropoecilia-minima

5. OP
    OP
    Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Nano tank update: it's been about a month so the plants have grown in a bit. There's a baby mystery snail and a tiny plakat betta (both temporary) as well. I moved some plants and added a few more, I might regret adding the jungle val. I know how long the leaves get and 2 of the 3 in here started sending up runners...I am 100% sure the tank is perfectly cycled btw.

3.4 9-3-17.JPG

The dwarf baby tears are very slowly spreading. Hopefully in a couple more months they cover that corner of the tank.
    DBT 3.4gal.JPG

6. GoldFiska

GoldFiska Well Known Member Member

peapuffernano.jpg Little nano tank for my pea puffer and Mekong bumblebee goby. It has a piece of driftwood, java fern, and marimo moss balls. Since I took this picture, the fern has actually filled out a lot more and the tank looks very lush. It's extremely low maintenance as well, which is why I love it.

7. GoldFiska

The tank looks great! I would love to see another update once it's filled in more.

8. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

IMG_20170903_224536.jpg
    my 5gal betta tank with 4 shrimp, 1 mystery snail, and 2 nerites (sorry for bad pic and right lights lol). it also has 1 hornwort, 2 java ferns and 1 moss ball. although it is a little overstocked with the snails but accidently got two nerites in the mail instead of one >.>

9. Keystone

Keystone Well Known Member Member

This is a 2.5 gallon - inhabited by everybody's favorite: bladder snails! Last picture was taken about 5 minutes ago. You can still see some of the kale & spinach I fed them last night.

Attached Files:

10. GoldFiska

What a cute little tank! I think I see some Dwarf hairgrass...what are the other plants in the back?

11. Keystone

Keystone Well Known Member Member

Correct - the other plants are Lobelia cardinalis

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice