Nano Tank Help

Oliver T.

I was wondering how to find a glass, cube, 16-20 gal nano tank but all the ones I could find had ridiculous prices can someone help with where I can find a good nano tank. Oh BTW it doesn't matter that much to me but I prefer an all in one nano tank.

Culprit

Craigslist and your local reef club! A lot of times they will have good deals on tanks. I know I found a 20 biocube on craigslist for $170 all in one with a light.

Oliver T.

Ive been thinking of a 16-20 cube all in one glass nano tank, and ive thought of some fish that I would like. Pair of clowns, a few cleaner shrimp, couple nerite snails, and some Catalina gobies. is this a good choice?

Fanatic

Celestial Pearl Danios are very good for nano tanks. I have a small school of six.

Oliver T.

I'm thinking marine...

Fanatic

I'm thinking marine...

Whoops, sorry. Got a little ahead of myself.
Not sure with marine, as I don’t do SW.

Zerologist

Are you doing FOWLR or reef?

Tagging Nart stella1979 grantm91

Culprit

Ive been thinking of a 16-20 cube all in one glass tank, and ive thought of some fish that I would like. Pair of clowns, a few cleaner shrimp, couple snails, and some Catalina gobies. is this a good choice?

No. Catlina gobies are cold water. However, instead of catalina gobies, you could do stuff like a firefish, watchman goby, yasha and pistol shrimp pair... Look up blennys and gobies. There are lots of choices.

You could do a firefish, a yasha goby and pistol shrimp pair, and a clown pair.

Oliver T.

Are you doing FOWLR or reef?

Tagging Nart stella1979 grantm91
I'm thinking reef, just live rock is boring for me

No. Catlina gobies are cold water. However, instead of catalina gobies, you could do stuff like a firefish, watchman goby, yasha and pistol shrimp pair... Look up blennys and gobies. There are lots of choices.

You could do a firefish, a yasha goby and pistol shrimp pair, and a clown pair.
Awwwww Well do you have any recommendations for other gobies? Not the biggest fan of fire fish, I'm looking for something small, colorful. And can jackknife fish be compatible?

Last edited by a moderator:

Culprit

I'm thinking reef, just live rock is boring for me

Haha welcome to the club!!

Awwwww Well do you have any recommendations for other gobies? Not the biggest fan of fire fish, I'm looking for something small, colorful. And can jackknife fish be compatible?

Ah not the biggest fan of firefish. Alright... Lets see here. So there is the watchman goby which pairs with a pistol shrimp. Super cool too watch. A yasha goby will also pair with a pistol. They are both colorful fish. There's also a neon blue goby which I have a feeling you might like. It stays small, 1 1/2" to 2" and its very colorful. There is also bangaiI cardinals (which honestly I could never buy. They are endangered because of overharvesting), royal gramma (Nanologist has one of these. Super pretty but very territorial. You could only have one of these in the tank), blue and green chromis ( a school of these would be amazing), and, of course clownfish. Now, don't just dismiss these. They have designer clownfish that look amazing, plus different types then just occelaris. For instance ClarkiI clownfish are really cool.

Oliver T.

Haha welcome to the club!!

Ah not the biggest fan of firefish. Alright... Lets see here. So there is the watchman goby which pairs with a pistol shrimp. Super cool too watch. A yasha goby will also pair with a pistol. They are both colorful fish. There's also a neon blue goby which I have a feeling you might like. It stays small, 1 1/2" to 2" and its very colorful. There is also bangaiI cardinals (which honestly I could never buy. They are endangered because of overharvesting), royal gramma (Nanologist has one of these. Super pretty but very territorial. You could only have one of these in the tank), blue and green chromis ( a school of these would be amazing), and, of course clownfish. Now, don't just dismiss these. They have designer clownfish that look amazing, plus different types then just occelaris. For instance ClarkiI clownfish are really cool.
Wow! Thanks. Oh yeah the clarkiI clowns were the clownfish that looked best to me

Culprit

Wow! Thanks. Oh yeah the clarkiI clowns were the clownfish that looked best to me
I always though clarkiis looked cool too. Any idea what you want yet?

Oliver T.

I always though clarkiis looked cool too. Any idea what you want yet?
cleaner shrimp, narrasius snails, and some kind of goby, wrasse, or blennie

ClownFizz

Aquaone nano 40

It isn't a real nano reef tank but you can take out the filter cartridges and filter and replace it with other reef equipment. Will cost a lot to get the best results for ur tank

Last edited by a moderator:

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom