Nano Tank Glass Skimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So tonight i have gone all diy fish keeper, i have a 60 litre saltwater setup and never really wanted a skimmer as i just do water changes but at the start before i actually got the tank i was fascinated by a small skimmer called the "reef glass nano skimmer" but they are over priced in the USA and probably not that good an effective any way. Long story short tonight i decided to imitate the reef glass nano with an old heater and some airline and connectors, heres where im up to so far....
f4e107ac368f68273d5eef048ade126a.jpg
334189ddd3b655e9163f5d75c5ee7e73.jpg
. Alls i have left to do is to chop the bottom off the glass tube and get a wood airstone and fashion some sort of collection cup which i will probably hang on the back somehow. I will be attaching a video to this thread in the next few days no matter the out come good or bad so keep an eye if you like the idea of it.

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Where is it skimming from and will it go into a bucket or something?

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The air line going in will go to a limewood air stone when i have cut the bottom off the tube then it creates bubbles which go up and out of the blue connector which will go to me collection cup which i havent decided on what to have yet
52beadcea5fa804f848bc954baea3c52.jpg
it sits in the tank on the sucker and the other bracket around the tube is one that fits tight which you can slide up and down to adjust the height of the skimmer , its abit skeptical yet but i know it will work il give a detailed description on the video. I could run the outlet tube to a jar on the floor if i wanted but im going to fashion some sort of neat hang on the back collector that can over flow back in to the tank if it gets forgot about.

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Now I understand a little bit better. I'll check out the video when you have it all up and running. Very neat idea.

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Give that reef glass nano a youtube search it looks really cool just expensive and no where sells them in the uk.

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Going to go look it up now.

Looks fairly simple and interesting, but the price on it if you don't DIY is crazy! I think I'll just stick with water changes for right now, but maybe eventually I'll have to try what you are doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom