Nano Shrimp Tank?

Whitethorn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I recently got into keeping shrimp and the idea of a low-tech nano shrimp tank really interests me. I was wondering if a 1.5-2 gallon tank would be okay for one? I have a lot of extra substrate and a few plants I could spare for it as well as ghost and cherry shrimp already populating a portion of my larger 20-gallon tank. What can I do?

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks like a good set up to me

I have a 2.5-3g shrimp tank. I have gravel substrate (want to change it to sand though), a few rocks in there, and a TON on hornwort (it wont stop growing) and my shrimp love it.
If you put rcs in there youll soon have a thriving colony. Im not sure if you would ever be able to see the ghost shrimp.

Whitethorn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fjh said:
Looks like a good set up to me

I have a 2.5-3g shrimp tank. I have gravel substrate (want to change it to sand though), a few rocks in there, and a TON on hornwort (it wont stop growing) and my shrimp love it.
If you put rcs in there youll soon have a thriving colony. Im not sure if you would ever be able to see the ghost shrimp.
I literally JUST set it up with gravel from my 20-gallon and a few plants... How soon do you think I can transfer the shrimp?

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Whitethorn said:
I literally JUST set it up with gravel from my 20-gallon and a few plants... How soon do you think I can transfer the shrimp?
Haha sweet!
I would move some filter media from the 20g over and throw some food in every day for a week. If everything still lools good, do a WC and move the shrimp over
Shrimp are sensitive to water parameters, but so long as those are under control you can move then whenever you are ready

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom