Nano School Suggestions For 20 Gallon Long Dumbo Betta Tank? (no Livebearers)

keeperofmanyponds

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a planted 20 gallon long tank with one non-aggressive dumbo betta. What are your suggestions for a nano school. No livebearers because I am loaded with them already in my other tanks/ponds.

If you have suggestions for a hardy nano fish, that would be more than welcomed.

keeperofmanyponds

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey guys, I am really struggling right now with a decision, the sparkling gourami sounds like a fantastic idea but I have no idea how they will get along with the betta, but, he is a dumbo ear so he could be so slow and tire of chasing them. Do you know if there is any way they could get along?

They seem really hardy too.

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
keeperofmanyponds said:
Hey guys, I am really struggling right now with a decision, the sparkling gourami sounds like a fantastic idea but I have no idea how they will get along with the betta, but, he is a dumbo ear so he could be so slow and tire of chasing them. Do you know if there is any way they could get along?

They seem really hardy too.
gouramis and bettas together is never a good idea. they are from the same family and will likely attack/try to kill each other.

newbiefishkeeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'd caution with some of the smaller nano fish like chili rasboras. Have heard stories of betta stalking and eating some chili rasboras within a day of them being added.

keeperofmanyponds

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
newbiefishkeeper said:
I'd caution with some of the smaller nano fish like chili rasboras. Have heard stories of betta stalking and eating some chili rasboras within a day of them being added.
Probably best that I find a faster moving fish? how about white clouds?

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
newbiefishkeeper said:
Happened to me.

You will need a mederately-heavily planted tank for this to work out. Fake plants or lots of other decor that break the line of sight can work too.

I would recommend ember tetras, Cardinal tetras, and harlequin rasboras.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom