Nano Planted Bowl (with possibly shrimp)

Bruinfishkeeper1

Hey guys!
I'm doing this project for a 2.5 G- 3.5 G fish bowl. I'm planning on making it dirted with substrate and TONS of plants. I'm also thinking of adding some Cherry Red Shrimp or Blue Velvet Shrimp to increase nutrients. Does anyone have a small 2.5 G- 3.5 G fish bowl running with tons of plants and shrimp (Neocardina Sp)? If so let me know as I would like to know more on how you did it and what you did to make it a successful ecosystem.

Infamousj25

I am also interested in anyone's experience. I have a very lightly planted betta tank (2 java ferns, 1 anubias nana, and 4 small dwarf hairgrass tissue samples). Fist time with live plants so yeah, def interested in this thread lol

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

I am also interested in anyone's experience. I have a very lightly planted betta tank (2 java ferns, 1 anubias nana, and 4 small dwarf hairgrass tissue samples). Fist time with live plants so yeah, def interested in this thread lol
What's your setup like?

Upvote 0

Infamousj25

What's your setup like?
This is what it looks like. Are you also asking for water parameters or just wanting to know how it looks? The air bubbles are gone at this point, so ignore those lol

Attachments

• 20210114_153644.jpg
    20210114_153644.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

Oh ok nice tank. Yeah I just wanted to know what it was like!
So are you also interested in Nano Planted Bowl Building?
What's your setup like?
For your plants in your regular filtered aquarium I can definitely help you, if you would like.
What's your setup like?
For your plants in your regular filtered aquarium I can definitely help you, if you would like.

Upvote 0

TheWhiteOpalReiichi

Hey guys!
I'm doing this project for a 2.5 G- 3.5 G fish bowl. I'm planning on making it dirted with substrate and TONS of plants. I'm also thinking of adding some Cherry Red Shrimp or Blue Velvet Shrimp to increase nutrients. Does anyone have a small 2.5 G- 3.5 G fish bowl running with tons of plants and shrimp (Neocardina Sp)? If so let me know as I would like to know more on how you did it and what you did to make it a successful ecosystem.
I would loveeee to do this. I have a heavily planted 20G but I’m thinking of moving my betta to a 3.5G heavily planted with some shrimp. The only advice I think I’d give is maybe make sure to use plant fertilizer and maybe CO2? It would make the plants grow big asap

Upvote 0

Infamousj25

Oh ok nice tank. Yeah I just wanted to know what it was like!
So are you also interested in Nano Planted Bowl Building?

I am interesting in nano planted tanks for sure. I just have worries about fish into tanks that small. I want all my babies to be happy and have plenty of room lol.
I would loveeee to do this. I have a heavily planted 20G but I’m thinking of moving my betta to a 3.5G heavily planted with some shrimp. The only advice I think I’d give is maybe make sure to use plant fertilizer and maybe CO2? It would make the plants grow big asap
I have been using API Leaf Zone and API Co2 Booster. It has only been like 5 or 6 days though. Only one dose of leaf zone and co2 so far

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

I am interesting in nano planted tanks for sure. I just have worries about fish into tanks that small. I want all my babies to be happy and have plenty of room lol.

I have been using API Leaf Zone and API Co2 Booster. It has only been like 5 or 6 days though. Only one dose of leaf zone and co2 so far
As far as fish I wouldn't recommend anything but Shrimp or maybe even a Betta (for 3 G and a above). Your Shrimp and/or Betta should live happily although the Betta honestly could be a push.
Do you plan on moving the Betta to a 3.5 gallon bowl setup (like with no filter)

Upvote 0

Cherryshrimp420

I have a spare algae tank sitting in front of a window. It managed to get a colony of cherry shrimp going just from babies that hitched from the tank water I dumped into it. No feeding, no equipment, just water top-offs. So my answer would be....do nothing. As long as there is a light source for algae growth, cherries will survive.

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

I have a spare algae tank sitting in front of a window. It managed to get a colony of cherry shrimp going just from babies that hitched from the tank water I dumped into it. No feeding, no equipment, just water top-offs. So my answer would be....do nothing. As long as there is a light source for algae growth, cherries will survive.
Oh ok sounds like an interesting idea. I think my plan is, is to get a 3.5 Gallon Bowl, add one piece of driftwood, maybe add some of my cycled water from my main tank, add tons of different types of plants (I'll check back with you guys for the types). Under these plants I'll most likely have nutrient rich dirt (a small amount) and regular gravel substrate then add some Cherry Red Shrimp or Blue Velvet Shrimp (Some type of neocardina So). With all of this I also plant to have a mini heater, and possibly an Air pump. To avoid overpopulation of the shrimp I'll most likely feed the babies to my African Dwarf Frog. Anyway back to the tank stock. I might even add a Betta in there, depending on tank parameters and if my setup is strong. I think that using my cycled aquarium water will really benefit this entire setup. I'm sitting around 15 Nitrates in my main tank (with 0 ammonia and 0 Nitrites of course). So if I feel the need to have more organic Decaying material for the plants to have I may add the Betta and just skip on fertilizers. If the Betta doesn't workout, I have an extra tank that I can cycle with my extra sponge filter that's running in my main tank. Does anyone have any thoughts or concerns?

Upvote 0

Cherryshrimp420

Oh ok sounds like an interesting idea. I think my plan is, is to get a 3.5 Gallon Bowl, add one piece of driftwood, maybe add some of my cycled water from my main tank, add tons of different types of plants (I'll check back with you guys for the types). Under these plants I'll most likely have nutrient rich dirt (a small amount) and regular gravel substrate then add some Cherry Red Shrimp or Blue Velvet Shrimp (Some type of neocardina So). With all of this I also plant to have a mini heater, and possibly an Air pump. To avoid overpopulation of the shrimp I'll most likely feed the babies to my African Dwarf Frog. Anyway back to the tank stock. I might even add a Betta in there, depending on tank parameters and if my setup is strong. I think that using my cycled aquarium water will really benefit this entire setup. I'm sitting around 15 Nitrates in my main tank (with 0 ammonia and 0 Nitrites of course). So if I feel the need to have more organic Decaying material for the plants to have I may add the Betta and just skip on fertilizers. If the Betta doesn't workout, I have an extra tank that I can cycle with my extra sponge filter that's running in my main tank. Does anyone have any thoughts or concerns?

I don't think you'll find any room for heaters or air pumps Sand is probably better than gravel cus the dirt may leech out from gravel.

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

I don't think you'll find any room for heaters or air pumps Sand is probably better than gravel cus the dirt may leech out from gravel.
Oh ok. Heater wise I was just going to do Mini Heater that doesn't take up room. I'll most likely do sand then that way the dirt stays.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies
Views
JettsPapa
  • Question
Replies
Views