Nano Koi Angel Build

AmazonPassion

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but a 10 gallon isn't sufficient for an Angelfish. 20 gallon is recommended but 29 gallon is favorable. You can do guppies in a 10 gallon not a 100% percent certain on dwarf gouramis

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Angelfish need at least 20 gallons, with 29 gallons being best. You could keep 1 Dwarf Gourami in a 10 gallon, but thats all you could keep in the tank. You could keep guppies, however make sure to try to keep males only, as you'll have fry issues if not. Sorry your plans won't work out bud

Gourami Geek

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
As said above, that stocking will not work well. But there are some very cool looking nano fish out there that would do well in a 10 gallon. You could definitely have your guppies, or endler guppies.
You could also go with Sparkling Gouramis, Shrimp, (So many cool colors of shrimp. Oh. My. Gosh.) Scarlet Gem, Pea Puffer, Bumblebee Goby, Celestial Pearl Danios, Bluefin Killifish, etc. Nano tanks are seriously one of my favorite things in the world. Can't wait to see which direction you go with the tank!

Scope

Valued Member
Reaction score
As said above, that stocking will not work well. But there are some very cool looking nano fish out there that would do well in a 10 gallon. You could definitely have your guppies, or endler guppies.
You could also go with Sparkling Gouramis, Shrimp, (So many cool colors of shrimp. Oh. My. Gosh.) Scarlet Gem, Pea Puffer, Bumblebee Goby, Celestial Pearl Danios, Bluefin Killifish, etc. Nano tanks are seriously one of my favorite things in the world. Can't wait to see which direction you go with the tank!
Is there any nano angelfish looking things?

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Is there any nano angelfish looking things?
Not really, sorry. A king betta would love a 10 gallon. The best suggestion I have is to either settle for a small tank with a different fish or upgrade to a 20 minimum.

Sometimes we get nit picky about stocking on this forum. However, an angel would be lucky to live for 1-2 years in a 10 gallon. It'd be so stunted and in so much pain that it'd probably die of shock eventually.

Scope

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would only keep him in there for 2 months till I move then I would stick it with smaller fish and move the angels too a 55 gallon

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom